Thursday, December 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

I introduce my favorite holiday. This is New Year's Day! In Japan, we clean the whole house before new year's day to celebrate new year with fresh feeling. Japanese generally cook "osechi" , it's traditional Japanese foods of new year's; actually I don't like it....
 In my case, I watch some famous TV program with my family while we eat "toshikoshi-soba" , it's Japanese noodle, before greeting new year.
And then we go to shrine or temple to pray to spend well the whole year. This is the time that I can realize I'm Japanese. Almost Japanese is  We also eat "ozouni": it contains rice cake, carrots, radish, yam and so on in white miso soup. We have many traditional new year's foods!

4 comments:

  1. Really really nice pictures!! I'm hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh I really want to eat soba....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shiho...all of these blog entries about delicious Japanese food are making me hungry! I was always impressed with how Japanese food is presented - it looks like artwork.

    Corrections:
    I will introduce my favorite holiday.

    And then we go to a shrine or temple to pray that the new year goes well.

    ReplyDelete